The Swissmar Borner V-1001 V-Slicer Plus Mandoline is an affordable alternative to a professional stainless-steel mandoline. You can use it to quickly, uniformly, and safely slice and julienne vegetables and fruits.
Overall Rating based on customer reviews:
Price: $30 to $35
Here are the main features of this product:
- The complete set includes tough ABS plastic frame, food safety holder, 3 blade inserts, and storage caddy with locking clip
- Includes 7mm blade, 3.5mm blade, and thick/thin reversible slicing blade
- German-made, surgical-grade stainless-steel blades are incredibly sharp and you can easily attach it or remove out of base with 1 easy movement
- Ambidextrous Food Safety holder provides complete protection
- Protective storage caddy safely holds all components while not in use
- Its easy to clean; just rinse under running water after use.
This is an impressive looking mandoline that slices vegetables in less time than it even takes on to peel them. you can easily cut them right down to the tiny little leftover at the root.
For best results, avoid putting extra pressure on it. Just lighten up and use it normally and this thing works effortlessly. you’ll get through most of your slices without even realizing that you’re doing it.
You can easily adjust the thicknesses, and it julienne/shreds beautifully. Just rinse it when you’re done and put it away.
About the Brand
Borner is a household name and has been around for decades. It’s a well established company that produces state of the art kitchen tools.
- Every V-Slicer set comes with a patented Safety Holder to keep your fingers safe, and provides a means of easy & safe storage.
- You get three inserts for a variety of cuts.
- For storage, the V-frame, all three inserts, and the safety holder fit into a caddy that can stand upright on the counter, lie flat in a drawer, or hang on the wall.
- The tough ABS plastic ensures long lasting quality
Be it cabbages, potatoes, tomatoes, or onions, you can slice them all. The inserts act as a guide for slicing against the V-frame’s knife that reverses to create slices of various thicknesses.
Cleaning is as easy as rinsing under water. The safety holder ensures that you won’t be suffering any mishaps. However, keep this appliance away from the kids as the blades are VERY SHARP and can deliver a nasty cut if you don’t handle them carefully. Be careful when washing them in the sink, as the suds can hide them and you risk injuring your fingers.
Here are some REAL customer reviews:
Best mandolin for the price
This one easily beats some of the higher priced items out there on the market. This has been a great investment and has paid for itself, many many times over. I use it more often than any other gadget in my kitchen. No rusting of the blades and they are still super sharp after being used pretty much daily since November of 1999.
Been using it for a decade
My V-Slicer has been a faithful companion in the kitchen for almost ten years now. The speed with which it slices/dices onions makes it more than worth the price. The blades are very sharp so you need to be careful with them. These warnings aside, this is a wonderful and versatile tool. It is as useful as a mandoline at a fraction of the price. You will reach for it often and the V-Slicer will be one of your favorite and most used kitchen tools.
This is a highly recommended product and you’ll be happy with your purchase if you chose to get one. Find the best deals on Swissmar Borner V-1001 V-Slicer Plus Mandoline here.